It’s your 7th month of pregnancy now, you are almost hitting the third trimester! Worry and anxious but still excited at the same time right? The third trimester begins around week 28 of pregnancy and lasts until you give birth, which can be around week 40 of pregnancy. Yeap, you’re very well over halfway there! Brace yourself because the third trimester can be a tougher and a journey to get through, both physically and emotionally. Fret not, understanding what to expect at this new trimester can help reduce anxiety and prepare you better during this stage!
Here are some of the new, more noticeable changes to your body that you will find happening during this month:
- Don’t be surprised if your breasts start leaking a little fluid known as the “colostrum” now! This pre-milk is produced during pregnancy to get your body ready for your baby right after birth. Yes, this is normal!
- You’re likely to feel plenty of kicks as your baby becomes increasingly active
- You may even become clumsier at this stage as your body shape changes along with the loosening of ligaments and tissues
- The nipple area continues to grow and darken
- Symptoms such as heartburn, constipation, and palpitations worsen
- Twinges, aches, and pains continue
As your digestive symptoms continue to worsen, include plenty of fibre in your diet and drink plenty of water to help keep your stool soft and avoid uncomfortable constipation. To prevent heartburn, continue to eat small, frequent meals and avoid fatty, fried, spicy food, or even – this can help you to counter indigestion. If it’s hard to stay comfortable at night, position pillows to support your belly. U-shaped or J-shaped pillows are definitely a best friend at this point! Pain and discomfort aside, your belly is also a source of pride! You may not even remember how you felt without your baby! Continue to talk to your unborn baby to help him/her get familiarized with your voice and bond better.
- Amato, Paula, and Chandrima Biswas. "The pregnancy encyclopedia: all your questions answered." (2016).
- You're pregnant: Now what? | Office on Women's Health [Internet]. Womenshealth.gov. 2022 [cited 28 January 2022]. Available from: https://www.womenshealth.gov/pregnancy/youre-pregnant-now-what
- The Third Trimester of Pregnancy [Internet]. Healthline. 2022 [cited 28 January 2022]. Available from: https://www.healthline.com/health/pregnancy/third-trimester-developing-baby#doctor-visits